Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 2 November 2016

Rudolf and Santa's list Christmas Card

This is the first card in my Christmas 2016 series and I have kept this one fairly simple

The stamp is from Wild Rose studio and is just called Santa and Rudolf.  I have stamped it, in alcohol marker friendly ink, and then coloured it with the copics I have and some of the Reno Art markers to fill in the gaps of my very small copic collection.  


The sentiment is from a Kaisercraft stamp set called 'Mistletoe' 
Once all the stamping and colouring was done I used the Simon Says Stamp 'falling snow' stencil and with some Ranger texture paste made a snowy background but masked the santa and rudolf off, as I didn't want snow on them.  While the texture paste was still wet, I sprinkled it with some polysparkle embossing powder, and then set it aside to dry completely before heating the embossing powder with my heat tool.


This was then trimmed down and mounted with fun foam onto a card base.




I have a  video on how I made the card.


The supplies I used are:
Rudolf and Santa stamp by Wild Rose Studio
Momento tuxedo black ink
Misti
Kaisercraft Mistletoe stamp set
Ranger texture paste
Simon Says stamps Falling snow stencil
Ranger polysparkle embossing powder
Heat gun
5 x 7 card base
double sided tape
Alcohol markers: Browns Renoart 246, Copics E11, E35, E37, E55
Reds Copics R22, R35, R46 & Renoart 159
Green Renoart 13 & 27
Greys Renoart 259, 260, 261, 270, 271, 272
Blues Copics B00, B02
Purples Renoart 192, 195
Yellow Renoart 225
Skin Copics E00, E02, E11
White jelly roll pen

I hope this card inspired you to get started on your Christmas cards, its always a great excuse to make some cute cards. 


1 comments:

Jeanette said...

Your card is so nicely done. I love your coloring and the falling snow. Excellent job!

Post a Comment