Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 22 November 2016

Christmas Music Book card

This card is part of my Christmas 2016 series by request.  When I first said I was going to do some card videos, I got asked by some friends if I could do a card using this open book die and show how I did the music on it.



I traced around the centre part of the book die with a pencil onto scrap paper, and then cut just inside the lines to make myself a template for cutting out the music.




The faboulous site that I downloaded the music for the book was http://www.remodelaholic.com/25-free-printable-vintage-christmas-sheet-music/, she has them to download for free.
I made a copy of the two jpgs of the sheet music I wanted to use, and put them 
on a document, then shrunk them down in size until they would fit into the centre part of the book die.  I also made sure I made a text box behind the two sheet music jpgs, so that it there were areas beyond the music that needed to fill in space on the die it would look like it was part of the open page.  




Here is a video showing how I made the card


The materials I used for this card are
The supplies I used are:
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Filigree poinsettia additions stamp set
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Poinsettiea additions die set
Marianne Designs Open Book Die
Marianne Designs Holly Branch die
Pinflair Buff-it Gold
3mm red ribbon
Cheery Lynn Poinsettia die strip
red paper
Gold micro beads
Ranger Gold embossing powder
Versamark watermark ink
Vellum
3mm red flatback pearls
Heat gun
double sided tape
Green card base
White card
Gold foil card
Crafts too Fancy frame embossing folder
Cosmic Shimmer glue
Quilled precision glue bottle





1 comments:

Unknown said...

absolutely lovely! you are an inspiration with your talents and appreciate your sharing with us. Also appreciate the information for the downloads. Blessings to all!

Post a Comment