Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 15 November 2016

Emboss resist background with vellum poinsettias card

This card is using the Emboss resist technique once again, I am going to stamp poinsettias and mistletoe stamps on half of a front card panel with White embossing powder and also some of the largest poinsettia flowers onto vellum.  I cut these out with the matching full petal die. I then blended red distress ink over the stamped panel, going from dark at the outside edge and then lightening the blending towards the middle of the card panel.  

Once I have the blending finished I can trim the panel to fit my card base.  I then stamped the sentiment towards the bottom and to the right of the card, leaving enough space for the vellum poinsettias. 



I had intended to just use the single petals of the poinsettia, but they were a bit lost on the background, so I went with using two layers of the vellum petals, and liked that much better.  I finished off by putting a trio of white flatback pearls into each of the centres to finish the card off.  





Here is a video on how I made the card

The supplies I have used for this card are
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Filigree Poinsettia additions stamp set
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson  Poinsettia additions die set (kindly provided by http://www.fatcatscardcorner.com.au/store)
Joy crafts Banner Sentiment stamp set
Kaisercraft Mistletoe stamp set
Versamark watermark ink
Ranger white embossing powder
Card base 5" x 7"
Ranger Water colour card front panel
Vellum
double sided tape
Heat tool
Candied Apple Distress ink
Ranger mini blending tool
Ebosser
White 5mm flat back pearls
Cosmic Shimmer Glue
Quilled precision glue bottle

This card can be done with other Christmas stamps instead of the poinsettias, and is not necessarily a Christmas card only, you could use other flower stamps and make any other kind of card.  I hope it has given you some inspiration.
Happy card making

1 comments:

EmmaT said...

Beautiful creation, very inspiring. Emma

Post a Comment