Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 26 October 2016

Emboss resist blended Persian Motif Card

There's something almost magical about the emboss resist technique, the way the design appears when you do ink blending over it. It reminds me of the magic paint books I got as a child, where you painted on water, and then a picture magically appeared. 

This card I have used the Altenew Persian Motif stamp set to stamp an all over design in two triangular patterns on the top and bottom of the card, leaving a strip in the middle where I am to put the sentiment. 


I stamped two of the flowers from the stamp set with versamark ink and then embossed it with white embossing powder.


The ink blending I used Distress inks in pretty jewel colours and then stamped a sentiment which would go with my die cut 'thanks' sentiment. I trimmed the panel down, so it would leave a little strip on the left hand side, to do a strip of black and white washi tape. 


I have made a video on how I made the card, although it is a very simple card, depending on what colours you use, the effects are really lovely.



The materials I used to make the card
Card base 5 x 7 inches
Panel also same size
Washi tape
Altenew Persian Motif stamp set
Versamark watermark ink
Ranger white embossing powder
EK success powder tool
Heat tool
Ranger mini blending tool
Distress inks wilted violet, picked raspberry, salty ocean & blueprint sketch
Poppystamps Fancy thanks die
paper xtra sentiment stamp
double sided tape
Misti
Versafine onyx black ink
Clear embossing powder

Yet another way to use any stamps you might have in a different way.
I hope I have given you some inspiration, happy card making

2 comments:

Deb at Wild Warehouse said...

I love the colours that you have chosen for this card and you have inspired me to try the emboss resist technique, thank you for sharing.

Joyce said...

Have just found your videos and do like your style,nice and easy to follow.

Post a Comment