Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 8 November 2016

Silver and white poinsettia Christmas card

Another card for my Christmas 2016 series.

This one is an elegant poinsettia card using just silver and white.  I love these simpler colour schemes for Christmas. This card I did for Fat Cats Card Corner back in August, they kindly provided the Sue Wilson Poinsettia additions die set, but I thought it would be a good card to have as part of my Christmas series.


The card front and top panel were both cut out with the stitched frames from the Sue Wilson Lattice frame die set, using the largest and the 3rd size in the set.  



I used the Kaisercraft 'Yuletide' stamp set for the sentiment done in Silver embossing powder.  The top panel was then put onto the card base with fun foam.  



The poinsettias were made with the Sue Wilson Poinsettia Additions die set which has solid dies and outline dies.  So I cut out 1 large and 2 small of the full petal dies with silver glitter card, and then 1 large and 2 small of the outlines dies in each silver mirror card and white card.  I shaped the petals slightly and then glued the mirror die cut onto the silver glitter die and then finally the white on top and finished it off with a silver dazzler gem for each of the flowers.  

The pine bough is an Impression Obsession die and I cut 5 out of them, and then trimmed them down a little.  

Here is a video showing how I made the card


The materials I used for this card are
The supplies I used are:
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Lattice Frame die set
Card base cut to the same size as the larges of the frames from the frame set
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Poinsettiea additions die set
Impression obsession Pine bough die
Kaisercraft Yuletide stamp set
Ranger Silver embossing powder
Versamark watermark ink
Heat gun
Fun foam
Ebosser
double sided tape
Silver glitter card
Silver mirror card
White card
Silver dazzler gems 
Cosmic Shimmer glue
Quilled precision glue bottle

I hope this inspired you to look at your poinsettia dies a little differently and maybe to use different types of card together with beautiful results. 

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Saw the video on Youtube and wanted to tell you thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I love the card and wanted to get the dies and stamp set to make it. I cannot find any of these. Where can I find them?
Thanks, Linda


Post a Comment