Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday 9 December 2011

Dark Pink Roses and Sparkle

This card has taken me quite some time to make, by the time I had made the flowers, and worked out what I was going to do.  



Another card for Fat Cats Card Corner, this time to show the Swirl Designables Cut and Emboss folders by Marianne Designs.  

After doing the embossing, I went over the raised parts with some Kindyglitz (Stickles) and then cut the bottom edge with the Martha Steward Doily Lace border punch.  I mounted this on some hot pink foil card.  I mounted this on white card, and then scored round it to make a frame with the Martha Stewart Scoreboard.  


The leaves and flowers are made with a variety of punches that I have.  I edged the lilies with some dark pink stamp ink and they have some glitter stamens to continue the sparkle theme.  


The roses I have edged with kindyglitz to continue this also.  I did the Sentiment on the computer and then cut it out with on of the Pastry Label dies from Memory Box. I hung a butterfly charm off of one end of the tag.   I added some hot pink crystals on the sentiment tag and along the border punch.  The butterflies are also Martha Stewart punches, with a little bit of sparkle as well.  

12 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

This is soooooooo awesome helen. I just sooo love this one here. This die is really gorgeous and it really fit sooo well to your gorgeous flowers here. A really stunning piece of art, that´s for sure. I soooooo love this one.

Patti Jo said...

Sooo pretty with this background and elegant floral arrangement! Beautiful!!!

Mary Decker said...

Although it took you time to make this card, it was worth it! It's stunningly beautiful. Thank you for the inspiration!

Mary Decker said...

Ps. I'm happy for you that you have such great dogs!

swany said...

Hi this is beautiful thank you for your ideas .... Im trying to find that folder and I don't find it any where can you please share where can we find it ...than you

Handcraftedbyhelen said...

Hi Swany, it is quite an old one now, as the post was done in 2011, so I doubt if it is available now.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your tallents. You are awesome!
Sheila Leary, Chattanooga, TN

Unknown said...

I love your card. Thanks for sharing your tallents. You are awesome!
Sheila Leary
Chattanooga, TN

Unknown said...

I so love this card and the folder. I've looked almost everywhere in the world and can't find it to buy. Beautiful card!

ccbrach@aol.com said...

I just love your card, but I can't find the Swirl Designables Cut and Emboss folders by Marianne Designs. Can you tell me where you bought it?

thanks. Cheryl

Janelle said...

This is just beautiful. Will you share about the embossing folder?

Handcraftedbyhelen said...

Sorry Janelle, but the post was from 2011, and doesn't look like it is available anymore. It was made by Marianne designs, so you could check with them. The link is http://www.mariannedesign.nl/

Post a Comment