Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 7 June 2016

Peony bouquet recessed panel card

Hello, this card is something I had been wanting to try for a while, I made a card a few months ago, which had a recessed panel going down the left hand side of the card.  For that card I used Vintage roses die by Altenew, and I wanted to do something similar, but do the recessed panel on an angle.  So I tried it, and I am quite happy with it. 



I marked points at the top left hand corner, that were 1.5cm and 3cm, and I drew a line from the 3cm mark down to the bottom right hand corner, and then measured up from that corner, up 7.5cm and drew a line from that point to the 1.5cm mark.  This was the area that was cut away to give a peek at the recessed panel. The sentiment is using a Kaisercraft 'save the date' stamp set.  I lined the two internal edges with a fine piece of pale blue card, and mounted them onto fun foam.

To make this I used the Altenew Peony Bouquet stamp set, and used the flower bud, the smaller leaves and the larger of the berries.  I stamped them using the Altenew crisp inks in Buttercream, warm sunshine, Jet Black, Caramel toffee, frayed leaf, and then used a medium blue pigment ink cube, it doesn't have the brand on it sorry, and the Adirondack Denim dye ink.    

Once that was stamped, I trimmed it to fit into my 'window' and glued it to my card base which is made of white linen card measuring 5 x 7inches.  

I then decided it was a little plain just like that, so I stamped some more of the flowers and leaves, fussy cut them out, leaving a small white border, and then mounted them into a 'bouquet' with glue and foam tape, making sure to fill the area under the flowers and leaves, in the recess with foam tape, to support the 'bouquet'. Finally I used some Kaisercraft yellow droplets which I have had in my stash forever!


The supplies I have used in this card are:
Altenew Peony Bouquet stamp set
White linen card base 5 x 7 inches and a card panel the same size
Altenew crisp inks in Jet black, buttercream, warm sunshine, caramel toffee & frayed leaf
Medium blue pigment ink mini cube (sorry no idea of brand)
Adirondack Denim dye ink pad
Kaisercraft 'save the date' sentiment
Kaisercraft yellow 'droplets'
White fun foam
Scissors
tape runner
T-ruler
pencil
pencil rubber
foam tape




That completes the card, I hope this gives you some inspiration, you can really use any flower stamps to do this.




29 comments:

debs29blue said...

Wow! This is stunning! Love the shape its so different ;-) x

Barb W said...

Totally awesome card. I enjoyed the video, seeing the steps to completion. A beautiful design.

Donna Ellis said...

Thanks for the amazing tutorial!

Joni said...

WOW! Your card is gorgeous. Thank you for the tutorial.

Unknown said...

Lovely! The use of layered flower stamps was very useful to me. Thank you.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful! Love the arrangement, the split in the middle... so creative.

Designs by DarvaDee said...

BEAUTIFUL card! Wish you were a bit louder on the video though.

Designs by DarvaDee said...

What a beautiful card! Your video was wonderful, however I wish it were a bit louder as Mum and I could hardly hear you.

CREATE WITH LOUISE said...

Great card and video. I must give this a try.

Alyce said...

Beautiful card ~ I appreciate the tutorial!

Dottie said...

I love the new Altenew stamp sets and you did a gorgeous job using them! This card is so beautiful. Mine didn't turn out as well as yours so I'm going back and give it try again! Keep these your creations coming as I'm learning so much from them.

Elaine Stewart said...

Excellent card. I just love everything about it. Thank you for sharing with us.

heizrizen said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the tutorial

Debbie A. said...

What a beautiful card! Thank you so much for sharing it with us and for showing us how you made it. Now I DEFINITELY want this stamp set!

maz said...

do you have a newsletter please

Handcraftedbyhelen said...

Sorry Maz, I don't understand what you mean my newsletter?

Jax W said...

Lovely idea. Please add me to your newsletter - the subscribe button was kind of hidden under the play button but i'll have a little search around and if not come back and comment with it.

Handcraftedbyhelen said...

Hi Jax, if you click on the you tube button on the embeded video, you can subscribe there, or press follow on this blog.

Marja Sch said...

So wonderful. Thanks for the inspiration. I used your description to make the card. I hope you like it. Hugs Marja

Kari D said...

Helen, I just love this card. The layout. The colors. The different take on using this stamp set. I keep coming back to it... Guess I am going to have to give it a try. Thanks for the great artistic inspiration.

stampingvickisvisions said...

I love, love, this card, but then I'm a yellow flower person!! I especially like your unique cut on the front of the card. I'm off to give it a try. thanks for sharing with all of us.

Julie B said...

Lovely twist on the vertical layout, v pretty. :)

Aussie Carrie said...

Your card is beautiful and shows your attention to detail. I want to try this design but I definitely won't be hand colouring all those flowers and leaves - you have more patience than me!

Unknown said...

I blame you for wanting all of altenew inks... because you're cards are stunning. :)

Kit said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for sharing!!!

barb said...

where is the video, please?

Handcraftedbyhelen said...

Hello Barb Brower, the You tube link for this video is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1d-sp2pdq4

AndreaH said...

W😊W absolutely love this card. I love your explanation (very easy for me to understand as a newbie (ish)) Thankyou for sharing all this info. Looking forward to looking through your blog. P.S. do you know how to save your blog so I can find you easy and to follow you ?

Sibu said...

Helen,
This is such a wonderful card and I will try to rework it. Already ordered the Clear Stamps from Altenew and is already waiting impatiently when they arrive in Germany.
Best regards
Silvia

Post a Comment