Tuesday, 13 February 2018

Ewe have my heart Valentine card - cutsie

This is my last Valentine card this year, a cutsie one this time, and quite an easy one to produce.

I started by stamping a small piece of card with the roses all over background stamp and then also stamped the sheep with the heart from the Ewe are the best stamp set and also a sentiment from that same stamp set.

Next I ink blended a background with spun sugar and squeezed lemonade distress inks onto Strathmore Bristol smooth water colour paper. In my opinion this is the best card for distress blending, it is so smooth and effortless!

I coloured in the sheep and the rose background with Zig real brush clean colour markers (a gift to myself for Christmas seen my channel is doing so well!). Not a lot of colour, and nothing fancy.  I fussy cut out the sheep and made the sentiment into a banner, I also cut a heart shape out of the rose background with a heart die

To put the card together by sticking the distress inked card panel down with double-sided tape, put some foam tape on the back of the heart, sheep and sentiment banner, and put them all onto the top third of the card.  I feel this is the most pleasing to the eye, instead of slap bang in the middle of the card.

A few clear sparkling sequins and the card was complete.

Here is the video of making the card. If you would like to see the video in full HD, then please click here, to take you to my You tube channel.

The supplies I used to make this card are:
Card base 5" X 7",
Card panel a little bit smaller in Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper, a spare piece also for stamping the sheep
a spare piece of card for rose background
Distress inks in Squeezed lemonade and Spun sugar
Mini distress tool and sponges
Zig real brush clean colour markers in Light Carmine, light pink, carmine,
light grey and dark grey.
Craft foam
double sided tape
SS acetate grid
MFT roses all over background stamp
NFT Ewe are the best stamp 
Versafine onyx black ink
Versamark ink
Ranger clear and white embossing powder
Heat gun
Wink of stella pen
Pretty pink posh clear sparkling sequins in 4mm & 6mm
Jewel picker
Cutter Bee scissors

Tuesday, 30 January 2018

Foiled Valentine card

Hello, Welcome back and Happy New Year. Hopefully 2018 is going to be a great year, with lots of cards and chit chats.

I am starting off this year with a couple of Valentine cards, this one I am using foil and the wonderful Deco foil transfer gel I discovered last year.

I started off with a card base 5 X 7 inches in pink, a panel that was a smidgen smaller and another spare piece that I will foil and then cut my heart shape out. 

I started off by using the stencil and the foil transfer gel, and spread a thin layer over the stencil onto the front panel down the left side and on the small spare piece and set that aside to dry.  Once dry ( you can tell when it is, as it goes completely clear and shiney) I put a strip of red deco foil over each piece and ran it through my Minc machine.  

I cut out the red scalloped square with a die to go behind the foiled heart, cut the heart shape out from the spare foiled piece with a heart die, stamped a sentiment, made it into a banner and backed that with the same red card as the scallped square die cut. 

I stuck the foiled front panel straight down on the card base with double sided tape, put some craft foam on the back of the scalloped square and heart die cuts and stuck them on to the card panel towards the top half. Did the same for the sentiment.

Finally a little red satin bow and a tiny heart shaped gem and that was the card finished. 

Quite quick to do but the foiling makes it so sparkly.... I like sparkly!!!

Here is a video on how I made it, if you would like to see it in full HD, then click here to view it on my You Tube channel.

The materials I used for this card were:

Tim Holtz floral layering stencil
Deco foil - red
Deco foil transfer gel
Card base and panel in pink card and a spare piece of card 
red card
Couture creations scalloped square nesting dies
Heart die (not sure brand)
Palette knife
Paper extra sentiment stamp
craft foam 
double sided tape
small satin ribbon bow
small heart shaped gem from my stash

Thank you for dropping by, I hope this card inspired you to have a go at foiling, the results are amazing.  You could make this design in other types of cards too.