Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 7 November 2018

Christmas series 2018 Christmas Shaker Card

The first card for my Christmas Card series for 2018 has a clean and simple look.



I have used an Impression obsession christmas die called Christmas Circle Cutouts die, it comes with 6 different cutouts which I thought would be great for making christmas tags, but for this card I will use just 3

I have a white card base and a red and white card panel.  I will do the die cutting on the white panel, so towards the lower half of the card, evenly spaced, I cut out the 3 circle dies.  

Before I put some acetate on the back of this panel, I will cut our the craft foam that will be sandwiched between the red and white panels, and will make the room for my shaker beads.  I drew around the circle cutouts onto the craft foam so that I can see where they will be, so that I can then cut out some circles slightly bigger than the cutouts. I will put a square of holographic foil paper behind each of the circles in the foam tape and then that can get mounted on the red panel, which I have mounted onto my card base.  






Lastly I can fill each of the circles in the craft foam with the same coloured seed beads that the foil is, and then the front panel can be stuck down.  



For the sentiment I have cut out 2 die cuts out of red card and one cut out of red foil card of a Merry Christmas die, glue them together on top of each other with the foil ones at the top and that will be glued onto the card panel above the shaker portion.  

That is the card finished, quite a quick one to do and nice and clean looking. 

Here is the video of making the card, If you would prefer to see it in full HD, then pop over to my You Tube channel here.


The materials I used to make this card are:
White card base 5" x 7" or 12.6 cm x 17.6 cm
A red card panel  4 3/4" x 6 5/8" or 12 cm x 16.7 cm
A white panel 4 5/8" x 6 3/8" or 11.6 cm x 16.3 cm
Impression obsession Christmas Cutout die 
Poppystamps Folk Merry Christmas Die
Cottage Cutz stitched circle dies (any circle die will do)
Craft foam
double-sided tape
red, green and silver holographic foil
red, green and silver seed beeds
Cosmic shimmer glue
applicator bottle
Acetate strip
Sizzix Big Shot


0 comments:

Post a Comment