Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 27 November 2018

Embedded snowflake Card

This card is a variation of a card I did in 2016, and I still get comments about it.  This is one that has a clean look and quite elegant.



I started by making a standard card base and then cut a front panel a little smaller.  I then used a large snowflake die and cut that out on the bottom right hand side of the card panel, and a small one at the top left hand corner, making sure I kept all the little bits when I took the diecut out of the die and saving the white diecut snowflakes for another card.  I used some wax paper in between the card and the die, to make this a little easier, as I had real problems getting it out of the die the last card. 

I then cut a second version of the two snowflakes, this time out of mirror gold card. I also went ahead and stamped my sentiment onto the front panel in between the two snowflakes but towards the top.



I then put some ‘stick-it’ paper onto the back of the card panel behind the cut out snowflakes.  Then from the front, it was just a matter of putting the gold snowflakes into the cut out part of the same snowflake on the panel, and then putting the tiny bits from in between of the white back into place, so that it ends up all one layer. This isn’t too fidldely, if you want to make sure it is all nice and flat you can use a bone folder to rub over it to make sure it is all sticking to the sticky paper backing. 



Lastly some craft foam on the back of the front panel and that stuck down onto the card base to make the card up.  I finished it off with some flat back white pearls in 3 different sizes dotted across the blank areas and that is the card finished. 



Here is the video on me making the card.  If you prefer to watch it on my YouTube channel on full HD, then go here.


The materials I have used to make the card are:
White card base 5” x 7” or 12.7cm x 17.5cm
White Card panel
Snow flake dies
Kaisercraft stamp set (sentiment)
Gold mirror card
Versafine onyx black ink
Ranger clear embossing powder
Embossing buddy
Misti
Double sided tape
Stick-it paper
Jewel picker
Craft foam
Nuvo glue pen
Bone folder
Flat back white pearls in different sizes


2 comments:

Tam said...

I don't know how to post a pix for you to see but I did this card today also. Love how it turned out. TY

Nana and Papa said...

I just found your blog this morning. So many great cards! I especially love this card and will give it a try for sure. Thank you for sharing.

Post a Comment