Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 30 October 2018

Watercolour flower card


Todays card is using an outline flower stamp and water colouring it with ink from an ink pad, cutting the flowers and leaves out, and then mounting them on a card inside a frame


I used the Altenew Garden treasures stamp set, but you could use any flower stamps that you have, as long as they are outline stamps you are fine.

I stamped them in clear ink and used gold embossing powder to heat emboss them, and then water coloured them with two tones of pink for the flowers and 2 greys for the leaves.  


Very loose water colouring using lots of water and let the water do the work of moving the ink, and you get beautiful results.  



I cut them out with the co-ordinating dies. I also cut out a frame using the largest size of the simon says stamp stitched rectangles for the inner die cut, then trimmed the card to the width of frame I wanted.  I mounted this onto the card base, then glued the leaves and the bottom flower to the card with glue, the other two flowers I used scotch tape to raise them slightly.  

Finally the sentiment on a scrap of pink card and cut that out to make a banner and mounted that on scotch tape too. and the card is finished.  


Here is the video on how I made the card.


If you prefer to see the video in full HD, then hop over to my YouTube channel here.

The materials I used to make the card are:
Card base i5" x 7 "
Piece of white glitter card & a scrap of pink card
Altenew Garden Treasures stamp
Altenew Birhday greetings stamp (sentiment)
Versafine onyx black ink
Versamark ink
Ranger gold embossing powder
Ranger clear embossing powder
Heat tool
Embossing buddy
Altenew crisp ink cubes in Cotton Candy, Grapevine, Silver stone & industrial Diamond
No 2 paint brush
double sided tape
craft foam
Scotch tape
Cosmic shimmer glue
Applicator bottle 
Scissors
Sizzix Big shot

I hope this has inspired you to have a go at this card.
Next week I will start my Christmas card series for this year, so look out for that.


2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love the beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing the video.

Kiwigirl said...

Beautiful card!

Post a Comment