Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 20 November 2018

Christmas Wreath Card



This card is a more traditional Christmas card with a Christmas wreath. I have seen lots of different wreath cards online, but this one is pretty much using the Impression obsession Christmas Wreath die very normally. 




I have made a card base the size of an A4 card folded in half and then trimmed the other way to make a square card.  I then cut out a gold paper stitched square and a white stitched square to be layered on top of the card base. 

I cut out two of the main wreath die in brown card, which I will layer on top of each other to give a more full look to the wreath, and that is when I decided if I got a circle die slightly bigger than the wreath opening, and cut that in the top white layer, then I could recess the sentiment slightly, to make a bit of a feature of the sentiment.  So that is what I did.  I could then stamp the sentiment on to a scrap piece of card and trim it down to fit behind the circle aperture I have cut out.  Then I could stick the gold layer down onto the card base, then the sentiment where it needed to go to see it through the aperture, then the white layer was stuck onto some craft foam, then stuck down onto the gold layer.  That was the card base done, and now I could get onto the wreath part.


I stuck down the two brown wreaths, cut out a bunch of the two different leaves, one holly and one a pine sprig, in two different greens.  I then started gluing them onto the brown wreath alternating the two types on the bottom half of the wreath, Making sure I overlapped them to give a more full look.




Finally I topped it with a red satin and organza bow, slightly off centre, and then decorated the holly leaves with a few red berries made with some liquid pearls.


Here is the video of me making the card. If you prefer to watch it on full HD, then pop over to my You tube channel here

The materials I have used to make the card are:
Card base 5 3/4 “ square, or 14.5cm
Stitched square dies in 5 9/16” or 14cm & 5 1/8” or 13cm
Circle die
Gold paper
Impression Obsession Wreath die
Vintage Christmas stamp set for sentiment
Brown card, two tones of green card
Craft foam
Double sided tape
Ranger Gold embossing powder
Versamark ink
Red ribbon bow
Glue dot
Liquid pearls – Rouge
Scrap of sticker paper backing
Nuvo glue
Jewel picker
Heat tool
Acrylic block


0 comments:

Post a Comment