Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 5 October 2016

Floral blooms watercolour background card.

Recently I bought an Australian simply cards magazine and with it was a free set of floral blooms.  There was a stencil, border embossing folder and some clear stamps.
I am making a background with the outline flower and outline leaf from this set





I have stamped these onto some watercolour paper with versamark watermark ink and then embossed it with white embossing powder.




I have then coloured the flowers firstly with distress inks wilted violet, salty ocean, squeezed lemonade (I went back and darkened this a little with mustard seed and picked raspberry. Then the leaves with twisted citron.  Then painted in the background with a spun sugar reinker.
I was going to leave the painting quite light, but decided once it was dried, that it was a bit washed out, so I went back and did another layer of all the colours to brighten it up a little.

Lastly I made a sentiment on a strip of vellum, and folded it over my water coloured panel, cut it out with a stitched rectangle. I then stuck the outside frame to a card base and trimmed it to size, then raised the stitched rectangle panel with some foam tape. 
 


The materials I have used for this card are:
Floral blooms stamp set from Australian Simply Cards magazine August 2016
Water colour paper
Versamark watermark ink
Ranger white embossing powder
Distress inks wilted violet, squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, picked raspberry and salty ocean, twisted citron
Spun sugar distress re-inker
No 4 paint brush
Vellum
3M Scotch Foam sided tape
Tape runner
White card base 
Mix of clear and pink clear sequins

This is another way to use any of your flower stamps, especially if they are quite detailed or outline stamps.
I hope this has given you some inspiration
Happy Cardmaking


1 comments:

Carol Rossouw said...

Another really pretty card Helen - and so clever! I thought you'd made two panels with stamping over the edges. Must give this a try with some of my beautiful flower stamps. Wish we had these kinds of magazines here where we live.

Post a Comment