Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 27 September 2016

Water colour Beautiful Day Card



I have made another card using the Altenew Beautiful day Stamp set.
This time I have kept it simple with some water colour done with distress inks.

 The outline stamps of the large flower and leaves are stamped onto Ranger water colour paper with versamark ink and Ranger white embossing powder first then I used Wilted violet, squeezed lemonade and mustard seed for the flowers and a combo of bundled sage and mowed lawn for the leaves. 


 To finish off the card, I trimmed the card about a centermetre in from the edge with a craft knife, leaving the flowers and leaves, which I fussy cut around, and backed the panel with some violet card so it left a fine border around the cut areas, and the leaves and flowers overhanging this slightly.  This was then stuck onto a black card base.  

Here is a video to show the process



The products I have used to make this card are
Altenew Beautiful Day stamp set
Ranger Water colour paper
Distress Inks: Wilted violet, bundled sage, mowed lawn, squeezed lemonade, mustard seed
No 4 paint brush
Versamark watermark ink
Ranger White embossing powder
Heat tool
Full sticky Post-it notes
Violet card
Black card base 7 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches
Double sided tape
Misti tool
Acetate clear Grid
rubber
Tim Holtz ruler
pencil 
Cutter bee scissors


I am not a water colour artist by any means, but I love how this card turned out. 
I hope my video gives you some inspiration to have a go at doing water colour painting, it is very rewarding.  
Happy Card making


0 comments:

Post a Comment