Do you ever have days when you are making cards that you make lots of mistakes and you begin to think maybe you should not be making this card! Well this was one of those!
I started out making a frame with some stitched square dies, and then proceeded to stamp out a scene with the hills and fence stamps out of the set. I then masked off the hills and created a sky with a freehand made mask of clouds and tumbled glass distress ink. I then used the negative parts of my mask and masked off the sky and proceeded to ink the hills with twisted citron and mowed lawn, that's when I discovered my first mistake, I had used versafine onyx black ink, when I should have used memento tuxedo black ink which is waterproof, so the ink on the grassy parts started smudging. So I took great care not to rub that too hard.
I stamped out the two sheep, a couple of trees and the little flowers, and decided to fussy cut them out right to the line, so that they looked like part of the scene. But when I came to do the flowers, they are so tiny, when I tried cutting around the stalks, they fell apart. Luckily I was able to glue them back together when I put the scene together. So then I decided I wasn't going to fussy cut out the sheep with the balloon right to the line, as it would be impossible with the balloon string, so that one I left a small white border.
The next mistake was even though I used my misti, I still managed to get my sentiment crooked! I always seem to ruin my cards lately when I add a sentiment (maybe I will start making cards without sentiments LOL) That is why I added the two gold hearts (diecuts from another project) so that hopefully they distract the eye a little away from the sentiment.
I had also drawn a line around the square die, so I knew where to stamp and colour the scene, but I forgot to rub the pencil out before inking the sky, and you could see the line through it. My fix up, was to lower the frame on the scene a little, but then the stitching at the bottom of the scene showed from cutting it out with another square die. So that was why I used the grassy border die, to hide that. Phew!
The rest of the card went fine, the scene came together OK in the end, and it turned out to be quite a sweet card.
Hopefully the next card will go better!
Here is a video on making the card.
The supplies I used are
MFT Ewe are the best stamp set
Memento tuxedo black ink
Versafine Onyx black ink
Distress inks: tumbled glass, twisted citron & mowed lawn
full sticky post-it notepad
Plaid patterned paper from Pebbles 6 x 6" 'front porch' paper pad (12cm x 12cm)
14cm x 14cm card base
Scrap card in green and two pieces of white
Reno art alcohol markers, blue 257, cool greys 271, 272 & 273, warm greys 259, 260,261,
yellows 224 & 225, purples 192, 193 & 197
Copic markers R22, R35, B00, B02, YG 17, YG63 E35 & E37
Cutter bee scissors
3M scotch foam tape
double sided tape
Poppy stamp designs fresh cut grass border die
I hope you enjoyed the video and card
Happy card making