I have loved the Altenew stamps for quite some time, and I had bought two stamp sets of theirs previously, the Persian motifs, and the vintage roses. I love them, I have used the Persian motifs quite a lot but haven't used the Vintage roses very much, as I really didn't have many coloured stamp pads, and only owned two dye ink pads, the rest a pigment inks.
I have been really enjoying watching videos and seeing some very cool cards on Pinterest, and decided I really need to get back into doing more stamping. I have been doing a lot of cards using die cuts, and paper flowers, but I really want to do some more stamping.
So... I decided to buy a couple more stamps, and of course they have to be Altenew stamps, and it isn't cheap to buy stamps from America, by the time you pay for postage and convert New Zealand dollars into US$, so I thought while I was ordering these, I would order some of the Altenew Crisp ink mini ink pads. So I did, they have arrived, and so I have been practicing doing the Vintage roses with the ink pads, I will do some cards with the results shortly, but I have also been having a play with one of the stamp sets I bought, Lacy scrolls.
I saw a wonderful video from Therese Calvird who has a blog called Lostinpaper. She did a gorgeous card using the lacy scroll stamp set and then used coloured pencils to give the flower dimension. I thought I would like to give it a go, so I made one the same colour as she did, using the Altenew crisp ink Mango smoothie, and then I had a go at doing a pink version with Cotton Candy crisp ink.
This first card I made a top panel, slightly narrower than the card base, I cut out an aperture with a stitched circle die. I stamped the Happy birthday sentiment. I placed the top panel where I would eventually have it on the card base, and glued the die cut into the aperture, and took away the top panel. I then glued a couple of the flowers onto the die cut. I put a strip of gold glitter tape along the left hand edge of the card base. To the top panel, I put a thin strip of black gloss card along the back of the panel, along the left edge, with a little bit showing from the front, mounted this panel onto some fun foam, and mounted it onto the card base, making sure that it matched perfectly with the die cut, so that it looks recessed.I mounted the main flower onto the top panel with some fun foam, and tucked some of the leaves around it, then glued a few flat back pearls around.
This card I made a front panel about 5mm smaller all around from the card base. I sponged a Moroccan stencil design onto the panel with a subtle shading of Spun Sugar and Squeezed lemonade Distress inks. I mounted this onto some fun foam and then onto the card base. I glued two of the flowers to the top panel, tucked some leaves around them, then mounted the third flower to some fun foam and then onto the middle of the glued flowers. I stamped the sentiment onto black card with Ranger white embossing powder, cut a fish tale in one end and then mounted it onto the flowers and top panel. I finished it off with some tiny flat back white pearls.
I really enjoyed doing the colouring of these flowers. I have also done a set of mauve flowers and another pink one, which I have coloured with a combination of alcohol markers and pencils, and will make these into cards as well.
I have another set of Altenew stamps to have a go at next. It is the peony scrolls stamp set, which I plan to have a go at water colouring. And then there is the Vintage rose stamps I am trying to perfect ...Watch this space