Wednesday, 16 March 2016

More Altenew lacy scroll cards

I have done another couple of cards with the Altenew Lacy scroll stamps.

This time I have stamped them with ink and then coloured some shading and definition of the petals with a mixture of coloured pencils and or alcohol markers.


This first one I stamped the solid stamp of the main flower with a versa color pigment ink in mauve, and then coloured the shadows on the petals with a mixture of alcohol markers and pencils. I made a card topper with some white card, which I sponged on some of the mauve ink with a blending tool so that it just peaked out from behind a doily I cut with a couture creations doily die. I mounted the topper onto a purple mat and then onto a card base.  
The doily I mounted onto fun foam, so that it gave shadows onto the background.  The next layer is a vellum circle cut out with a stitched circle die, and then a smaller stitched circle die to cut out the circle for the sentiment, which again was mounted on some fun foam.  
Finally the flowers that I had fussy cut and mounted on foam and arranged around the doily.  A few sequins in white and iridescent mauve to finish it off.


The next card, turned out a little bit different than I had in my head.  I think it was mainly down to the fact that the smaller stitched rectangle dies I had (Simon Says Stamp) where narrower than I was looking for, so the card ended up narrow and tall.  
I stamped a wood grain stamp onto vellum and embossed it with Ranger white embossing powder and cut them out with the No 2 die in the stitched rectangle die set.  I stuck them down to the card base with tape runner and luckily it doesn't show on the front.  I stamped the lacy scroll flower stamp with altenew cotton candy dye ink and then coloured this one in with alcohol markers.  The leaves I stamped with shabby shutters and then coloured them with alcohol markers too.  I stuck the leaves to the back of the cut out flower, and then put some foam tape on the back.  I did a messy nest of gold thread and stuck the flower onto the card over the messy thread, so that it stuck it down to the card.  Finally a couple of shades of pink and white  iridescent sequins to finish it off.  The sentiment is a hero arts rubber stamp with versafine black ink.


The next cards I am going to make is some with the peony scroll stamp set I think.  I am still waiting on some green inks to come from altenew before I can do the Vintage rose cards I want to do.  I already have some ideas of layouts for that so I will be ready to go when they arrive in the next few days.  

2 comments:

Carol Rossouw said...

These are absolutely stunning Helen. Now I want to buy this lacy scroll stamp too! Can't wait to see your vintage roses xx

mark lawrence said...

Very pretty cards! Loved designs a lot. Thanks for sharing these photos here. My parent’s anniversary is in next month so will try to make such cards for them. Planning to give a surprise party at a local venue NYC. Hoping all will like my arrangements.

Post a Comment