Saturday, 19 March 2016

Peony scroll simple and fancy

I have made two more cards with the Altenew Peony Scroll stamp set. One is very clean and simple, and the other is a little more fancy.  

For both cards I stamped the flower stamp and selection of leaves onto Tim Holtz water colour paper with vesamark ink and embossed them in Ranger white embossing powder.  I then water coloured them with my Stabilo 68 pens and a watercolor brush.  


This one I very simply embossed a stitched square die onto a piece of card, and then cut it so it was 5mm smaller all around than my card base.  I had the hello sentiment hanging around from quite a while ago when I cut some sentiments out on my silhouette cameo, but you could use any die cut for it and you can have it say anything really.  I then mounted some leaves behind the flower, and mounted it all with some foam tape and then mounted it into the corner of the stitched square impression.  


The close up of the stitched square, as it wasn't very easy to see it in the first photograph.  It is a very simple and quick card to do.  


This one I cut 2 stitched rectangles out of card and one into the centre of a card base.

I mounted a die cut of the Taylored expressions Circles cutting plate onto the inside of the card base with the right side of the die facing out to the front.  I then adhered one of the negative pieces of the stitched rectangle die cuts over this matching the stitched border and trimmed it to the card base.  This was to neaten up the inside of the card.  The last negative die cut I trimmed to be 5mm narrower all the way around than the card base, mounted it onto fun foam and stuck it to the front of the card base, again matching up the stitched border.  

I cut two stitched cloud border pieces out of vellum, and then cut the edges with the stitched rectangle die again to match the front of the stitched rectangle window and mounted it with some clear matt glue to the stitched edge on the top left and bottom right edges of the window.  The sentiment is the Happy Birthday from the Altenew Persian Motifs stamp set.


With the flowers for this card, I actually did 3 stamps for each flower of the bottom ones, and two stamps for the top one.  I coloured one of the stamps for each flower in fully, then for the second and third layers for the bottom two flowers, and one layer for the top flower, I only coloured in the central parts and cut them out and mounted them with foam tape so they are dimensional.  I hope you can see the dimension in the photo, it looks great in real life.  Finally they were mounted flush to the card so they overlapped the vellum slightly.

1 comments:

Post a Comment