Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 2 October 2019

Stenciled Cards = 3 cards

These cards turned out to a bit more of a mission than I thought, but in the end I made 3 cards. 
I wanted to make two stencilled and foiled cards with the Kaisercraft stencil called Holly. 

I used some deco foil transfer gel on a separate piece of card with a palette knife over the stencil and then foiled them with my Mink machine.  The green holly one turned out fine, but for some reason the poinsettia portion of the stencil oozed underneath the stencil, so looked awful when I foiled it.  I had several more goes, but with the same result…. Agggghh!
I think the stencil has a bit of a buckle in the plastic, so it just won’t sit flat. 






Soooooo… I ended up using the same stencil and did inking through it, with a darkish red (Altenew Coral Berry) and that worked fine.  



Then I decided instead of wasting the foiled ones that I had done, I cut out some of the better poinsettias out of the cards I had done, and stuck them all over a card panel. 





To make up the three cards, I cut the bottom of the card panels on an angle, then mounted that onto my card front, stuck a strip of co-ordinating foil card along that and trimmed off the ends. 

Then on another piece of scrap card, I cut the same angle and stamped my sentiment onto that, and stuck that to my card front.

Lastly on the inked stencilled card, I stuck some flat back white pearls into the centre of all of the poinsettias, and for the cut out foiled poinsettias, in between them, I put dots of liquid pearls dotted around the break the white spaces. 

So three cards with a similar look but all done a little differently!  Sometimes when things go wrong, there is a way to selvage the card, you just have to think outside the square!


I have a video of making the card.


If you would prefer to see it in full HD then hop over to my You Tube channel here.

The materials I used to make the card are:
3 Card base 5“ x 7”
Spare piece of card for the bottom sentiment
Strips of foil card
Red Decofoil foil
Heidi Swapp mint foil
Decofoil Transfer gel
Mink machine
Carrier sheets
Kaisercraft 12 x 12 stencil Holly
Versamark ink
Ranger Gold embossing powder
Ranger Silver Embossing powder
Versafine Onyx black ink
Heat tool
Kaisercraft mistletoe stamp
Joy crafts sentiment stamp
Altenew Crisp ink Coral Berry
Ranger small blending tool and sponge
Ruler
Craft knife
Cutter Bee scissors
Double sided tape
Scissors
White flat back pearls
Rouge liquid pearls
Nuvo deluxe adhesive
Tombow mono eraser



5 comments:

Bonnie Blake said...

Hi,
The stenciled cards 2 on YouTube. I stumbled across you. They are beautiful cards. I was thinking that I would probably cut the stencils designs apart or used " pixie spray" it works wonders.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Helen, so pleased to have found you. I'm loving your creativity and had a good look around and on your YouTube videos too. Thank you so much for sharing all these great techniques. Happy creative week, Angela (aka Felix the Crafty Cat)xXx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Helen found you on You tube.
Loved these cards.
I have one of those large kaisercraft stencils. It's cut into four so its able to be stuck down properly.. there's a ton of room on edges to allow you to do that.
Its much more Usable
Its much easier to store.
Its a win win!
Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x #10

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

PS I've joined your blog, I hope you might pop over and join mine too! I'm looking forward to using my decofoil paste sitting neglected!
Thanks so much for sharing!

Nancy Lynn said...

Hey Helen, once again these are so beautiful! I've recently been using a temporary spray on my very intricate stencils and all I can say is that it is a Godsend! You spray the back of your stencil once and it will hold for about 8 to 10 projects. It's called "Pixie Dust" and is made by Therm-O-Web and it's just fantastic! I don't know if you can get your hands on it from where you are but if you can, I, and many other crafters, recommend it. Take care and thank you for sharing.

Post a Comment