Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 23 October 2019

Blended Snow Scene with Christmas Star Card

This Christmas Card is a lovely clean and simple one.  When I first started my You Tube channel I did a card, which I thought was quite simple, and to date, it is one of my most watched and commented on cards.  It was quite similar, but instead of using masking and dies like I am with this one, I used some stamps, and I made it into a shaker card bauble.  So I thought why not do something similar but make it simpler still!


So I cut a circle out of a piece of masking paper, and stuck the negative portion on my card front, and used the positive piece to cut out some tree dies. 

I then stuck the tree masks down, with the smaller trees either side and the bigger one in the middle to be in the fore front.
I then used a variety of blue inks to do some blending.  Tim Holtz distress inks Tumbled Glass and Salty ocean, Catherine Pooler’s Something blue, and Altenew Sapphire. 



Once I was happy with the blending, I sprinkled some water on it, waited a few seconds then dabbed it off, this was to resemble stars in the sky, but I wasn’t happy with that, so I ended up using a white and stardust Gelly Roll pen to draw some dots for stars.

I hand drew a Christmas star, because I don’t have a die in my stash.  I then coated it in some gold liquid pearls, several coats and the on the last coat while it was still wet, sprinkled some biodegradable glitter onto it, and left to dry. 



In the meantime, I stamped a sentiment onto the card just under my blended circle and embossed that.  Then I just had to glue by star in the sky and that was the card completed


I have a video of making the card.


If you would prefer to see it in full HD then hop over to my You Tube channel here.

The materials I used to make the card are:
Card base 13cm x 15.5cm or 5 1/8 x 6 1/8"
Inkadinkadoo masking paper
Set of three tree  Ellen Hutson dies
Circle die
Tim Holtz Distress inks salty ocean and tumbled glass 
Catherine Pooler ink pads, something blue
Altenew crisp ink cube Sapphire
Versafine Onyx black ink
Painter tape
water and small paint brush
Ranger clear embossing powder
Heat tool
Misti
Sizzix big shot
Gelly roll pens white and stardust
Joy Crafts Banner sentiment stamp
Small scrap of white card for star
Liquid pearls gold
biodegradable gold glitter 
Ruler
Craft knife
Cutter Bee scissors
Double sided tape
Scissors
Pencil
Nuvo deluxe adhesive
Tim Holtz blending tool and sponges

Another simple card and something a little different for a Christmas card


.

3 comments:

Tam said...

Can you tell me where you got the tree dies from. Thanks

Jen said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

What is the brand of the tree dies?

Post a Comment