Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday 20 November 2017

Distress inked card with Poinsettia

I have another card which is fairly easy to make and can be made in any colour you want to, I wanted to have the ink colour and the embossed sentiment to be the same, and the only combination I had was red.


I inked the bottom corner to the halfway mark with Candied apple distress ink onto Tim Holtz water colour card, making the very corner the darkest and blending it out.  

I then stamped this beautiful script sentiment, it is an old wooden stamp that I have had for years, but it has stayed relevant and I love it, with versamark ink and red glitter embossing powder and then heat set it.  I then cut down the panel so that it was about 1cm smaller all the way around from the base card, and put some craft foam between the panel and the card base.




Next was to cut out a range of poinsettia from the Sue Wilson Poinsettia die set which comes with full flowers and outline flowers.  


I put them in a rough triangular pattern on top of the blended background, shaping each one slightly with my fingers to give them slight dimension and then glued them in the centres.  
Lastly I put a flatback pearl into each centre and that was the card complete


If you would like to see the video of me making the card then watch here, or if you prefer HD then click here.


The craft supplies I used to make this card were:
Card base 14 x 14cm
Card panel the same size with Tim Holtz watercolour card
Distress ink Candied apple
Ranger mini blending tool and sponge
Wooden stamp with Christmas sentiment.
Zing red glitter embossing powder
Versamark ink
Heat tool
Embossing buddy
Craft foam
double sided tape
Sue Wilson  poinsettia die from Festive collection
Quilled precision applicator bottle
Cosmic shimmer dries clear glue
White flatback pearls in 6mm & 8mm
Craftmat
Craft knife

I think the red and white looks very striking, but equally it would look lovely in a teal or a purple or a hot pink, it doesn't need to be in traditional colours.  

1 comments:

Margaret said...

Love the effect of the red and white Helen.

Hugs
Margaret M

Post a Comment