Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 28 November 2017

Deer Scene Bauble card


This card can be done with any Christmas scene dies you might have, I have used a deer scene die, but really any of them would look great, something like a hillside with trees, or a nativity scene, or a snowy village or cottage, anything like this would work.

This teal coloured one is the one I did the video on, but I had done a previous version with an ombre effect with pinks and foiling the background.  I did do craft foam between each layer, and it ended up being quite dimensional, so the one I used in the video I simplified quite a bit for teaching purposes, but it really depends on whether you are going to post it or not.


The background I have used a snowy stencil and have stencilled Deco foil transfer gel and then let it dry and then foiled it with Heidi Swapp teal foil with the minc machine. 

To make the bauble, I cut out 4 circle frames and 1 full circle using 4 consecutive dies from a die set, making each one larger than the one before, to give an almost tunnel effect. The last one is the background.  The first one was in white, one in craft foam, and the rest were in teal.  

I then cut out the deer scene also in white and glued the white circle frame over this and trimmed it around the frame.  Then glued this with onto a frame cut out of craft foam each remaining frame and backing together. 



The foiled background was trimmed down,  I then wrapped some gross grain ribbon onto the top of the background and down to where the bauble was to be glued. and stuck that down, then glued the background onto the card base with foam tape between to give some dimension.  Then the bauble was glued over the end of the ribbon.  A bow made out of the same ribbon to go on top of the bauble and that is the card finished.  I didn't want to spoil the clean look by putting a sentiment on it, I think it speaks Christmas all by itself.  

Here is the pink version that I had done as a prototype.





Here is the video of making the card, if you prefer to see full HD then watch the video here on You tube.


The materials I used to make the teal card are:
Card base and panel 14cm x 14cm
Simon says stamp Falling Snow stencil
Deco foil transfer gel
Palette knife
Teal Heidi Swapp minc foil
Minc machine
Bassil blue calypso card
Circle dies in 4 sizes
craft foam
Deer & tree scene die (aliexpress)
Quilled precision tip applicator bottle
Cosmic shimmer dries clear glue
Scissors
Craft knife
Builders tape
Ranger non-stick mat
Double sided tape
teal ribbon
Bow maker 
Glue dot

6 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. Love the blue one (my favorite color). TFS

Unknown said...

Very beautiful card!

Julia Sandvoss said...

These are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing this and using our Deco Foil Transfer Gel!

Unknown said...

I've been always looking for really really good blog and post about cards.. landed on your post.. good one.  backing rod foam

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful!

Bonnie Blake said...

I just found you on YouTube a few days ago and the deer scene bauble card is amazing. And tying that bow is awesome.

Post a Comment