Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday, 26 July 2016

MFT modern blooms top panel card with foiling

Hello, I have made another card using the MFT Modern blooms set, it is turning out to be a very versatile stamp set.  

This time I have masked an area at the top of a piece of card and have stamped the flowers in just 3 colours and then masked them off and stamped the leaf stamps in the set, so they appear to behind the flowers.  Lastly I stamped the centre layer onto each flower with a darker coloured ink.  I cut this piece down to fit my card base, and then with a tombow glue pen I put dots of glue into the centre of the flowers and left to dry for about 15 to 20 minutes, and then with a strip of foil, the type that works with tacky glue, not the heat activated sort that you use in a minc machine, I rubbed the foil with the coloured side facing up onto the glue with my finger nail and where the glue was the foil stuck to it.  

I then made another layer with a piece of card the same size as my card base, and die cut a stitched scallop border at the top.  I then tied a flat knot with a piece of gold ribbon and folded then ends over behind this panel and stuck it down with some double sided tape.  I then stuck this whole panel onto the stamped panel with double sided tape so that the scallop just sat at the bottom of the stamped area.  I stamped the sentiment with versafine onyx black ink and embossed it with Ranger clear embossing powder with the heat tool.  
This panel was then stuck to the card base again with double sided tape.  And that is the card finished.  

I also made two other cards using the same stamp set and foiled the centres of the flowers.  This first one I did the stamping over the whole panel just with 3 shades of blue ink and then backed the panel with some blue card and mounted it  asymmetrically onto the card base.

This last one, I masked the top panel with painters tape, but this time instead of being the top, I masked an area just below the top, where I wanted a sentiment to be, and then stamped the flowers above and below the masked area, again foiled the centres of the flowers, and then made a strip to go on top that had a small scallop top and bottom and the sentiment stamped in the middle, and then this was mounted on a piece of vellum and then onto the card.  

So three different ways you can use the same stamp set, the same style of stamping and foiling, just in different positions on a card.  

The supplies I used to make these card were:
Altenew Crisp ink Cotton Candy and Warm Sunshine, caramel toffee, Frayed leaf & forest glades.
Stampin' up Raspberry Ripple dye ink
Mauve pigment ink cube, blue pigment ink cube (sorry don't know brand)
Versacolor pigment ink cube violet & Opera pink & royal blue
Adirondack dye ink in Raisin and Denim
Tombow quick glue pen
Gold foil (for glue)
Paper Xtra Sentiment stamp
Kaisercraft Save the date stamp set
Memory box stitched Country borders
Gold ribbon
Versafine Onyx black ink pad
Ranger Clear embossing powder
Heat tool
Double sided tape
Vellum offcut
Scrap blue card
3 card bases 5 X 7 inches
3 front panels 5 X 7 inches
1 scrap piece of white card

I hope this gives you some inspiration, these cards can be made with any of the flower building stamp sets or even any of the flower sets that have a variety of smaller flower stamps.  


Post a Comment