Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday 30 July 2016

2 Dream catcher cards

 I have made two cards for Fat Cats Card Corner using this Marianne Craftables Dream Catcher die. My daughter Carissa, loves Dream Catchers, so I was thrilled when Kaaren from Fat Cats sent it to me.


This first card I kept very simple, I blended some Peacock Feathers distress ink onto the front of my card blending it out lighter at the bottom edge, but making sure it was darker at the top, then I flicked some water onto it and then dried it off with a paper towel to make some splotches and spatters.  

Then I kept the dream catcher simple and cut it out of plain white card.  I think it really pops against the peacock feathers.  I then decided to put some patches of silver onto the dream catcher and feathers, so I put some blobs of the Cosmic Shimmer flake and glitter glue onto the different parts and let it dry.  The glue stays tacky, so the gilding flakes will stick to it. What I should have done, however, is brushed the glue on a little thinner, and it might have made the silver look a little flatter, how I did it, with the blobs, is that the silver came out a bit blobby!  Oh well, I know to do it differently next time.


I used some crystal gems and dazzlers to decorate the catcher and then stamped the sentiment with the Altenew Calligraphy Alpha stamp with versamark watermark ink and Ranger white embossing powder onto black card stock. I then cut out the sentiment with a fine border around the letters.  



This second card, I decided to make into a shaker card.  I seem to have an obsession with the colours yellow and pink together at the moment, so I ink blended a piece of scrap card with Spun sugar and Squeezed lemonade distress inks with a mini ink blending tool to  create a coloured piece of card which I used to cut out my feathers.  The main part of the dream catcher was cut out of pink card and then glued onto a piece of acetate that had been glued onto the back of the white card that the dream catcher had been cut out of. 
I then used fun foam to build up the back of the front panel so that I could make an area to put the shaker bits, and then sponged an area on the main card base with the two distress inks which was going to be behind the dream catcher shaker part.  


I again used the same altenew stamp set to do the 'dreams' part of the sentiment and then used the computer to do the 'follow you' part as I didn't have a stamp to do it with.  


Finally some beads to decorate the catcher and tops of the feathers and this card is finished.

Supplies I used to make the cards:
2 card bases 5" x 7"
A card panel the cut down to 4 3/4" X 6 3/4"
Scraps of white, black and pink card
Peacock feathers, Spun sugar & Squeezed lemonade distress inks
Ranger Ink Mini blending tool
Versamark Watermark ink
Ranger white embossing powder
Altenew Cotton Candy Crisp dye ink
Cosmic shimmer Flake and Glitter glue
Indigo blue Mega-Flakes - Sheffield Steel
Fun foam
Scrap of Acetate
A variety of sequins, gems, dazzlers and pearls


I hope these cards have given you some inspiration
Happy Card making






3 comments:

Trish said...

Lovely dreamcatcher cards Helen

Carol Rossouw said...

These dream catcher cards are lovely - especially the pink one. Clever idea to make a shaker card with them

Wendy said...

These are gorgeous Helen, love the dream catchers & designs.
Wendy xx

Post a Comment