Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 3 November 2020

Poinsettia Circle Frame Card

 This card could be done a lot simpler that I did it, my fussiness got in the way with this card, so I had to keep adding extra dies and panels to hide glue etc, but you definitely don’t have to do this if you don’t want to.






I cut out the frame on a card base where I want my frame to go, (this one I will use for another project), then cut another one out in a green card.  I put some acetate inside the card so that the intricate die was more stable when I glued it into place.  I then decided I wanted to cover this, so I cut out another frame on a piece of card to go on the inside of the card, matching up the circles and then cut it to size.  I then decided I didn’t like seeing the glue on the inside of the card, so I cut another frame in the green and stuck that inside the card to sandwich the acetate between the two.  Just remember you have to glue the inside one on the front of the die, and stick in down, so that the dies match perfectly.  I was satisfied with the finished look of this, and you could stop there, but I didn’t haha.




 

I decided the card was better cut down to a square card, as I was going to have the sentiment on the inside of the frame, so I didn’t need extra space at the bottom of the card.  I cut two of the sentiment peace die, that co-ordinates with the frame die, there are a few options you can choose from.  One I stuck into the centre of the frame die, on the front of the acetate, and the other I stuck on the inside of the card, on the back of the acetate. 


 


Finally I decided to do the poinsettia that came with the frame die set. So I cut out one outside and two of the centre dies for each flower, bent the ‘petals’ slightly, to give dimension, and then glued them on top of each other, alternating the petals.  I then stuck them down onto the frame where the poinsettia are on the green frame.  Finally I put some liquid pearls into the centre of each poinsettia.  Card done!



When it is opened, you can see right through the frame, and it looks really cool.

I have a video of making the card.

 

 

If you would prefer to see it in full HD then hop over to my You Tube channel here.

 

----- SUPPLIES -----

 

These are the main supplies I have used in making this card.  

 

Card base 5“ x 7”

Poinsettia Frame die from Memory Box

Peace circle die from Memory Box

Tim Holtz paper Guillotine

Pokey tool (any)

Gina K Connect Glue

Skewer

Liquid Pearls - Rouge

Scraps of red card

Scraps of pearlised green card

Big Shot Sizzix

Piece of Acetate






0 comments:

Post a Comment