Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday 8 October 2020

CAS White and Gold Wreath Card

I stuck down the sentiment top and bottom of the circle aperture and that is the card finished. I quick and simple one to do.

 For this card I am using the Impression Obsession Twig Wreath die set but instead of using colour like I did last year, I am going to keep the card very clean and simple and only use white and gold.


I got my card ready, by folding a piece of A4 card in half and then cutting the length to be the same size as the width, which is about 6" x 6" or 155mm x 155mm.

I then cut out a card panel the same size and cut a circle aperture with an inside outside stitched die, as I want the stitching to be around the outside of the aperture I cut, and also the same circle out of a piece of craft foam.

I cut out 3 of the twig wreaths and glue them together so that they make a more substantial die cut that will have a little more dimension that a single die cut. While I was doing the cutting I cut out some gold twigs and holly leaves from the twig wreath die set and also a sentiment form an old poppy Stamp die set (folk merry Christmas) out of the same gold mirror card.  

Now it is a simple matter of putting the card together.  I mounted my card panel onto the craft foam and then onto my card base.  I stuck down the white twig wreath.  I then couldn't decide if I wanted to put the twigs as well as the holly leaves, but ended up deciding on the holly leaves only, as I wanted the clean and simple look, so I didn't want it to be cluttered looking.  Less is more!



I have a video of making the card.

 

 

If you would prefer to see it in full HD then hop over to my You Tube channel here.

 

----- SUPPLIES -----

 

These are the main supplies I have used in making this card.  

 

Card base and panel 6" x 6"

Craft foam 6" x 6"

Circle inside outside die set (marianne designs) but any will do

Impression Obsession twig wreath die set

Poppy stamps folk Merry Christmas die

Gold mirror and spare white card

Nuvo deluxe glue

Craft foam

Cutter Bee scissors

Sizzix Big Shot


I hope this card has given you some inspiration with how you can use what Christmas supplies you already have, you just need to think about them differently by keeping to no colour or just using part of a die to make it look completely different. Happy Christmas Card making.



0 comments:

Post a Comment