Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 22 April 2020

Poppy Garden with framed die cut background - Mothers Day Card


A new stamp I have purchased recently is the Poppy Garden stamp.  I love the Altenew outline stamps for colouring.  This stamp set has the individual flowers and leaves to make your own arrangement, but comes with a couple of ready made arrangements, I really like that.  

I stamped out the two ready made arrangements and went ahead and coloured them in, one in reds for a traditional poppy and the other I did in Mauves, as my Mum likes purple and these are going to be Mother's day cards.

I fussy cut them out and then set to making a background to put on the main part of the card.  I used a cover plate die to cut out a rectangle pattern and then cut out a frame using a couple of stitched rectangles.  I stuck this down over the pattern and then trimmed around the surplus to make a framed pattern.  For one card I stuck this down directly onto the card base.  For the other I made a coloured background by blending some Cosmic shimmer opal polish onto a piece of card and then mounted another frame with foam tape onto this and then cut out the surplus. This was then stuck down onto another card base. 





I stuck the flower directly onto a corner of the card with the framed background stuck directly onto the card base, and the other, I glued the central part and then mounted the overhang with some foam tape.  The opal polish gives a lovely pearlised background that has a lovely interferance of mauve and pink.  Really lovely in true life. 




The sentiments for both I kept simple with some word stamps from the Honey Bee Mother's day stamp set on black card with white embossing powder, which was cut into a strip.



I have a video of making the card.


If you would prefer to see it in full HD then hop over to my You Tube channel here.

The materials I used to make the card are:
Card base 5“ x 7” X 2
Scrap black card
Spare card for the cover plate & frame and stamping 


Altenew Poppy Garden Stamp

----- http://shrsl.com/260p6 -----{Altenew}


Honey Bee Mothers Day stamp


Versafine Onyx black ink



Versamark watermark ink



Ranger white embossing powder



Double sided tape

Gina K foam tape



Nuvo deluxe adhesive


Cutter Bee Scissors


Taylored expression circle plate die
Transparacy Grid - Download the printable pdf from https://www.mysweetpetunia.com/category-s/116.htm or buy from Simon Says Stamp https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product/Simon-Says-Accessories-MISTI-GRID-TRANSPARENCY-mistigt-mistigtsss

Simon says stitched rectangle dies
Copics: reds R22, R35, RV46, Greens YG00, YG03, YG63, Yellow Y15, Y02
Metal ruler
Craft knife
Scissor

This card could be done with any cover plate, I have just purchased the lovely new cover plate by Altenew and so that would have been great to have used, but decided to use an older one I already have for this card.  You can just use any that you might have.  


DISCLOSURE


All the products used in my videos are purchased on my own for my own use.  I however am affiliated with several companies and show the links to these for your own convenience at no cost to you.  I do make a small commission when you shop using those links.  I do not work for any companies for money, and am not paid to make my videos.  I try really hard to bring you quality videos based on my own personal experience. I choose to make these videos as I would like to pass on my knowledge of about 20 years of crafting and card making and feel we can all learn from each other.  Thank you for watching my videos.  



1 comments:

Unknown said...

On the Poppy's Mother's day card where do you get the acetate grid for the Misti? Thanks

Post a Comment