Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 14 January 2020

Sweetheart Roses Valentine's Card

Well it is 2020 already, I don’t know where my time off went, I seemed to be busy with market,s either doing them or going to them


This card I am using an older stamp of Wplus 9 called freehand florals. I think of it as sweetheart roses, small and sweet. Although it is a layering stamp it is a great one for now having to be very exact. You can be quite varied with how you layer it, to get different looking roses. 

I start off by drawing around a heart die, smaller than the one I am going to cut out for my sentiment, so that I can stamp my roses around the shape to try and get a slightly heart shaped stamped background.

I used the red cosmos stamp set of mini cubes from Altenew and one of the greens from the Green fields set as well.  I stamped a range or roses and sprigs until I was happy with how it looked. 



I then stamped a sentiment (I don’t have many suitable for Valentines cards!) and then cut it out with the larger heart die then mounted it with craft foam so that it looked like it was floating on top of my stamping. 

I felt there was a bit of a gap at the bottom of my card, so I cut out 3 outline hearts out of gold foil card, and put those in a group of 3 underneath my stamping and a couple of the inner die cuts from these around my sentiment.  I think finally I am happy with this.



You could do this card with any floral stamps, it certainly doesn’t need to be the wplus9 stamp set I have used.  I think it would look great with other stamp sets as well. 

I have a video of making the card.


If you would prefer to see it in full HD then hop over to my You Tube channel here.

The materials I used to make the card are:
Card base 5“ x 7”
Spare piece of card cut out with a rectangle die (any)
Wplus9 Freehand Floral die
Paper Xtra sentiment stamp
Heart nesting dies (Darice)
Memory Box mini heart collection die
Altenew crisp ink cube Forest glades, Cotton Candy, Coral Berry, Ruby Red & Grapevine
Acrylic block
Versafine Onyx black ink
Ranger clear embossing powder
Heat tool
Powder embossing buddy
Misti
Sizzix big shot
washi tape
Craft foam sheet
Marvey Jewel picker
EK success tweezes
Scrap of gold foil card
Nuvo deluxe adhesive







1 comments:

Babs said...

What a gorgeous card the flowers are so beautiful I love the heart and all the white space fab stamping ..
Babs x

Post a Comment