Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 3 July 2019

Poppies with Copics card

I have made another card using the Wallpaper Art stamps, they are so easy to colour, this time I have used Copics to colour them.  



I stamped a strip of the flowers with two of the flower stamps and one of the leaves out of the set and using some masks I stamped the row with leaves popping out from behind. 

I then coloured them in with copics.  I don't have very many of them but the colours I do have, I have tried to buy sets of three shades of, so this was using the red set, I had two different darker reds, and wasn't sure which one was best so used both, a grey set and a green set. I have the numbers I used in the list below.  


I coloured the flowers and leaves in and then fussy cut them out to the stamped line and went around the edge with a black pen to tidy the edges up.  

I then did some shading on the card base with some greys so that it would look like a shadow underneath the coloured strip when I mounted them onto the card with some foam tape behind.  A sentiment and some nuvo crystal enamel dots finished the card off.


I really enjoyed the colouring of these flowers, its been a while since I have done any copic colouring, so I will have to try and do some more.

Here is a video on making the card, if you would prefer to see it in Hd then go to my YouTube channel here.  


The materials I have used for this card are:

2 card bases 5“ x 7” 
Spare piece of card for the flower strip
Altenew Wallpaper art stamp
Kaisercraft save the date stamp
Momento tuxedo black ink
Versafine Onyx black ink
Ranger clear embossing powder
Heat tool
Powder embossing buddy
Misti
Copic markers Reds; RV29, R46, R35, R22 Greens; YG67, YG63, YG17 Greys; C5, C3, C1 and blender pen
Craft foam sheet
Double sided tape
Scissors
Nuvo deluxe adhesive
Ruler
Craft knife
Rubber
Cutter Bee scissors
Black emboss pen, but any black marker will do
pencil

I hope this card has inspired you to use your flower stamps differently to make a border that can be used on a card.  This could be a card for any occassion and could be coloured with any colours or mediums.  Have a go!


0 comments:

Post a Comment