Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 8 May 2019

Vintage Blue rose Card

This card I got inspiration from photos of Vintage blue wallpapers and fabrics, and thought when I saw the dainty bouquets stamp set it would be perfect for that.

I used a linen card but the reverse flatter side to do this card, because when I was stamping it, the slight pattern of the paper made the stamping look like it was on fabric, quite a cool effect.



I stamped the 3 layers of the rose stamp grouping using the blues from the cube set that has Caribbean Sky, Russian Blue and Sapphire.

The design of the stamp allows you to almost interlock the 'bouquets' into each other so that you get an all over pattern, quite a clever design, and this isn't always easy to achieve with some shaped stamps.  

Once I had done the stamping all over the card panel, I made a simple sentiment using a strip of Vellum.



I folded it over the left side of my front panel, and stuck that edge down along the fold line of my card base, and then turned the card over, and trimmed the rest of the card panel down to fit the card base. 

Once I had got it trimmed, I went back and folded the other edge of the vellum strip behind the card panel and then it was stuck down on the card base. 

Finally I put some sparkling clear sequins beside and above the sentiment, made a paper insert for the card, and that was it finished.



Here is a video of making the card. If you would prefer to watch it in full HD, then go to my You Tube channel here.



The materials I used to make the card are:
Altenew Dainty Bouquet stamp
Altenew crisp ink cubes; Caribbean Sky, Russian Blue & Sapphire
Misti
Card base 5" x 7" and a card panel a little bigger with Linen card
Mother's day sentiment 
(Time for Tea stamp from Australian Simply Cards & Papercraft 159)
Versafine Onyx black ink
Ranger Clear embossing powder
Double sided tape
Strip of Vellum
Scissors
Nuvo delux adhesive
Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins 4mm & 6mm
Jewel picker
Metal ruler
Craft knife
Pencil
Sheet of pale blue paper


0 comments:

Post a Comment