Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 13 February 2018

Ewe have my heart Valentine card - cutsie


This is my last Valentine card this year, a cutsie one this time, and quite an easy one to produce.




I started by stamping a small piece of card with the roses all over background stamp and then also stamped the sheep with the heart from the Ewe are the best stamp set and also a sentiment from that same stamp set.

Next I ink blended a background with spun sugar and squeezed lemonade distress inks onto Strathmore Bristol smooth water colour paper. In my opinion this is the best card for distress blending, it is so smooth and effortless!

I coloured in the sheep and the rose background with Zig real brush clean colour markers (a gift to myself for Christmas seen my channel is doing so well!). Not a lot of colour, and nothing fancy.  I fussy cut out the sheep and made the sentiment into a banner, I also cut a heart shape out of the rose background with a heart die




To put the card together by sticking the distress inked card panel down with double-sided tape, put some foam tape on the back of the heart, sheep and sentiment banner, and put them all onto the top third of the card.  I feel this is the most pleasing to the eye, instead of slap bang in the middle of the card.




A few clear sparkling sequins and the card was complete.

Here is the video of making the card. If you would like to see the video in full HD, then please click here, to take you to my You tube channel.

The supplies I used to make this card are:
Card base 5" X 7",
Card panel a little bit smaller in Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper, a spare piece also for stamping the sheep
a spare piece of card for rose background
Distress inks in Squeezed lemonade and Spun sugar
Mini distress tool and sponges
Zig real brush clean colour markers in Light Carmine, light pink, carmine,
light grey and dark grey.
Craft foam
double sided tape
Misti
SS acetate grid
MFT roses all over background stamp
NFT Ewe are the best stamp 
Versafine onyx black ink
Versamark ink
Ranger clear and white embossing powder
Heat gun
Wink of stella pen
Pretty pink posh clear sparkling sequins in 4mm & 6mm
Jewel picker
Cutter Bee scissors





0 comments:

Post a Comment