Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Emboss resist beautiful day rainbow background card

This time I have done a simple idea for a card, and something you can use any floral outline stamp for.  I had seen a lot of really lovely floral background stamps, but didn't have any, I have patterns, stripes and flourish ones but no florals.  So I got thinking, why can't I use one of my outline flower stamps to give the same effect.  So I thought I would have a go, and used the Altenew Beautiful day stamp set.

 

It worked out well, I stamped the outline stamp all over a piece of Strathmore bristol card with versamark ink and then heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  I made sure the flowers 'jigsawed' together and went in a variety of directions and also make sure I stamped some off the page.  



I then used some distress inks to water colour over the background to make the embossing stand out.  I did one card with blocks of the colours, and the second one I did each flower a different colour.

Next I made a couple of banners with the sentiment, mounted the trimmed down background onto a card base, and then put a few 'enamel dots' with Nuvo crystal drops in the gloss white and that was the card finished.  Easy!

Here is a video of making the cards


The supplies I used for this card was:
Altenew beautiful day stamp
Altenew birthday greetings stamp
Strathmore bristol smooth water color card
two card bases 5 X 7 inches
Versamark clear ink
Ranger white embossing powder
Heat tool
embossing buddy
Acrylic block
Distress inks in squeezed lemonade, salty ocean, picked raspberry, carved pumpkin, twisted citron, and wilted violet.
Ranger non stick mat
versafine onyx black ink
Ranger clear embossing powder
Scraps of pink and white card
Scotch foam tape
double sided tape
Nuvo crystal drops Gloss white

I hope this inspires you to have a look at your floral stamps and have a go at making a background with them.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment