Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Wplus9 A kind soul floating panel card

I have got my inspiration for my card today from this picture I found on Pinterest, which has been made by a lady called Lin and was on a blog called heartshugsandflowers.blogspot.com.  I am using the idea of cutting along the edge of a stamped panel and then mounting it onto a card base.  I believe in giving credit where credit is due, this is her design and I didn't copy it completely but I can't say it was my idea.


My card I am using the Wplus9 A kind Soul stamp and have stamped it once down the side of a card panel, then masked it, and stamped it over the top of the previously stamped image, so that where the mask was, it looks like it is behind it, and therefore looks like a continuous stamp.  


I have stamped the stamp onto Strathmore Bristol smooth watercolour paper, and then watercoloured it with Distress inks, using the wet on wet technique.


Once I had finished the watercolouring, I have fussy cut out the right hand edge right to the embossed black line and mounted it onto a lilac card base in which I had stamped the birthda wishes from the Altenew stamp birthday greetings.  


Finally some pretty pink posh sparkling sequins, some wink of stella on the flower centres and that is the card complete.  

Here is a video showing how I made the card

The supplies I have used for this card are:
Wplus9 A kind soul stamp
Versafine onyx black ink
Ranger clear embossing powder
Heat tool
Strathmore Bristol smooth paper
No 4 paint brush
Distress inks in Wilted violet, mowed lawn, picked raspberry black soot & seedless preserves
Altenew birthday greetings sentiment stamp
Pretty pink posh sparkling clear sequins in 4mm & 6mm
Quilled precision fine tip bottle
Cosmic shimmer dries clear glue
Scotch foam tape
Cutter Bee Scissors
Tweezers
lilac card base 5 x 7 inches

I hope this card has inspired you to maybe use stamps you might have differently and do a panel card like this one.  I have to say, the photos don't do it justice, it is a lot more colourful in real life, it looks a little wishy washy in the photos. 


2 comments:

Lin said...

I love your card, Helen - and you used some of my favorite colors! So honored that my card inspired you, thanks so much for the mention.

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Post a Comment