Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday 23 March 2017

Blended textured background Peony Scroll Card

I haven't used any of my Altenew stamps in a while, so I thought I would do a card using one of the older sets, the Peony Scrolls stamps.



I made a background using a stencil and texture paste, and then left it to dry while I made some flowers to go onto the card.

I used the misti, as I new I would need to restamp the flowers and leaves,once I had coloured them, so I put the stamps from the set that I wanted to use, and then stamped them onto vellum with white Hero arts Unicorn ink. I then dried them with my heat tool, just to make sure the ink was dry before colouring them, as it is a pigment ink.

I had intended to colour them in with copics, but when I started doing this, the ink just moved around on the vellum, and made a 'hot mess', so I had to re-think my idea, and decided to go with my Stabilo 68 pens, not sure how they would work.  They ended up working really well, as long as I let each layer dry inbetween, and not to use too wet a paint brush, otherwise it pilled the paper.  

So I ended up doing 3 layers with 3 shades of blue pens, and two shades and layers for the leaves, I love how pigmented the pens are, they turn out very vibrant.


Once I had finished colouring my flowers and leaves, I dried them again with my heat tool, used my powder tool to make sure I cut down the static and then reinked them with the unicorn ink and then embossed them with white embossing powder, this neatened all the lines where I had coloured over them, and finished them off.  I then fussy cut them out right to the edge of the white line.  

In the meantime my textured background had dried, so I put the stencil back on, and with distress inks and a finger sponge dauber, I blended three colours onto the texture paste softly.  



Then I made a sentiment strip on black card with white embossing powder, and mounted both flowers and leaves and sentiment strip with foam tape.  

Here is a video showing how I made the card


The materials I have used are:

Card base 5 X 7 inches
Card panel trimmed down an 1/8 inch all around
Kaisercraft damask square 12 x 12" stencil
Ranger texture paste
Palette knife
Altenew Peony Scroll stamps
Vellum
Hero arts Unicorn white pigment ink
versamark watermark ink
Ranger white embossing powder
Embossing powder tool
Heat gun
Distress Inks tumbled glass, shaded lilac and spun sugar
Tsukeneko sponge daubers
Stabilo 68 watercolour pens
Tape runner
Scotch foam tape
Cutter bee scissors
Altenew Birthday greetings stamps
Hardboard
Painters tape
Misti

Thank you for dropping by, and I hope I inspired you to maybe have a go at something similar.  



1 comments:

geraldine homenchuk said...

Just so beautiful, Helen. I wonder if Stampin' Up's water based markers might work also for this technique. I use a fair lot of Altenew floral stamps myself. Love the clean lines of this card ... thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment