Living in New Zealand, I just had to have one of Sue Wilson's New Zealand Collection dies. I decided on the Wellington, and here are some cards I have made with this beautiful die for Fat Cats Card Corner.
All of these cards I have tried to keep them typically Sue Wilson in look.
This card I have tried to keep soft in look. The intricate main part of the die I have cut twice, once in white and once in a soft green. Then I have cut the outside die in a pale pink and glued the white die cut onto this. The green die cut I cut in quarters through the middle part of the die. This I have glued to the back of the medallion so that the peaks were in between the pink and white peaks.Hopefully that makes sense, you can see in the photo how it looks. I mounted this onto a white panel that was embossed with the Sue Wilson floral stripes embossing folder, then this was mounted onto another white panel that has a border of piercing, then onto a pink panel and then a green panel and finally onto the card base. Some pearls and a ribbon bow to finish it off.
This one I have cut the main part of the die out in gold mirror card, which is absolutely stunning in real life. I mounted this onto ivory (it looks white in the photo but it is actually ivory) card, which I tied a bow of gold organza ribbon. I mounted this onto some gold mirror card, then a panel with a pierced border, then onto another panel of gold mirror board, and finally a card base. The flowers and leaves are the Sue Wilson Camellia open and complete die sets. I put tiny Creative expressions pearls on the medallion and gold flat back pearls into the centre of the flowers.
With this card I have used the negative part once I have cut out the die for the first card. This is a completely different effect which I love. Its like having two dies in one!
I have raised this up with foam, rounded the corners and mounted it onto some coral coloured card stock. This I have then mounted on some white glitter card. I then made a frame with some piercing around the inside of it, and then mounted it onto some more coral cardstock. This I also raised up on some foam, and then made a card base that was exactly the same size as the frame. Again some tiny pearls to finish it off, I didn't think this one needed a bow, it was elegant as it was.