Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 15 October 2014

3 more Christmas cards

Here are three more Christmas card, this time they are pretty much the same just with subtle variations.

The die I have used is the Cottage Cutz Nativity ornament.

The first two are pretty much the same layout, but I have just altered the colour of the nativity ornament and the ribbons and sentiments.


This one I cut the ornament out of black card to look like a silhouette and then backed it with a piece of card I had sponged distress inks on.   I used mustard seed, tumbled glass and salty ocean.  The holly sprigs are the Marianne Creatables Holly die LR0244 and the embossing folder is the Craft Two Christmas ornament. The sentiment is the Cheery Lynn Merry Christmas sentiment but I trimmed off the snowflakes.  


This one is the same configuration, but I have cut the ornament out twice.  One in white and one in black.  I was just going to do it in white only, but I felt it didn't stand out from the background, so I cut the second ornament out in black glued it to the back of the ornament, once I had glued on the background.  It gives it a shadow effect.  I also raised it up with some foam tape.  The background and sentiment are done with distress inks, mustard seed, spiced marmalade and fired brick.  


This last one I left off the holly sprig and bow and kept it much simpler.  I did the ornament differently (was an accident, as I forgot to put the distress background on before gluing on the black ornament to make the shadow) So instead it was glued on behind the white and black ornaments.  I rather like this effect.  This one the background was done with mustard seed, spun sugar and Victorian velvet.  

I think this is a really nice ornament die, the detail is amazing.  I think I might have a go at cutting it out in quite a few colours and then piece the different parts of Mary and Joseph and the manger, star, bow etc.  


4 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

Sooo beautiful christmascards here Helen, Really beautiful as all your work always are. Have a great day hun.

Unknown said...

Really a beautiful card!

km said...

Lovely cards. Good to see you again - I have missed your postings.
Now, you have whetted my appetite and I want to see more. (smile)

Embroideress said...

Helen, I love these cards! I'd like to make variations for some of my Christmas cards this year 2015. I will abide by your copyright. Plus I will not post on Pinterest. These are just for my family and friends and I doubt anyone will scan and post them. I'd like to post on my Facebook page but I'm concerned someone may post to Pinterest. What do you think? I plan to take bits and pieces from each card and create different cards. I'll send you pics of some of them when I finish - if I can figure out how to do that! Regards, Donna

Post a Comment