Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Apricot and white spellbinder sympathy card

Another Sympathy card, this one done with one of my most favourite dies at the moment.  The Spellbinder A@ scalloped Borders One die.  It is so pretty!



I have kept it simple really, I folded a piece of card in half and put a combination of 3 of the borders together along the bottom edge and ran it through the cuttlebug through both thicknesses.  I did the same on another piece of narrower card, and embossed it.  I then scored a line just above the border design, and cut a flap about 1 cm wide from the other side of the score line.  I cut a piece of apricot card with just a narrow border die, just slightly deeper than where the bottom border on the white finishes.  I cut it out so that it fitted inside the flap of the white piece, so that it formed a liner underneath the white piece.  I stuck down the flap that you have created, along the top edge of the folded card on the front.    

Next I embossed another small piece of card with the 'tied together' couture creations embossing folder, and framed it with some apricot card and stuck it on the front of the card, over the flap (so you hide most of the flap) and finally put a bit of double sided tape on the inside of the flap and stick it down over the embossed piece.  

Finally I cut out an computer printed sentiment with the tag from the Spellbinder A2 Filigree Delight die set.  I cut out a piece of Apricot scrap card, slightly bigger than the tag, popped some apricot pearls on it.  finally I tied a ribbon and bow at the top and it is finished.  

2 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

WAUW another stunning card here Helen, it is sooooooo beautiful. Love the soft calming color and the lace look. Really beautiful work here as always hun.

Unknown said...

Wow...This is what i have been looking for and you have done a great job. Beautiful cards.
Spellbinders

Post a Comment