Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Christmas Cards

I can't believe how quickly the year has gone, and it seems to be on a headlong charge to Christmas!
I thought I had better get into gear and make my Christmas cards for this year, I like to make something new each year, so that I don't go giving the same card to the same person.  I have bought two new Marianne creatable dies this year.  The first is the Poinsettia LR0122.  I love this die, and think they come out really well.
I have made two cards with this die, the first is with two different embossing folders.  The background one is a Universal folder called 'Happy Holly' and the one with the poinsettia is a Cuttlebug Embossing folder called 'Snowflakes'.  The Holly leaves behind the poinsettia are the Spellbinder shapeabilities Foliage collection, and I used the rose leaf, but then cut around the edge to resemble holly.  Then some organza ribbon and three crystals for a little bling.  I also glued about 5 small gold beads into the centre of the stamen centre.  


The second card I did with the Poinsettia Die was this one that I did with white and gold.  I did the background with the Craft Concept embossing folder 'budding vine', and at the bottom is the cuttlebug Winter borders, with the snowflake one, and then scored some lines between the two for the ribbon to go, with my Martha Stewart Scoreboard.  I then did the sentiment with the Spellbinder fancy tag 2 die. I sponged gold ink around the edge of the card and sentiment.   A bit of gold ribbon and some gold foil paper for the stamen and leaves at the back and that's it finished.


The last card I have done with the other new Marianne creatables die called 'Clock and Bell Bauble'.  I cut three of the dies out of blue paper and stuck them to some silver foil paper, then cut around the edge.  I then scored them down the middle and folded each one in half and then glued three of the halves together to make the bauble three dimensional.  The background is again done with the 'Happy Holly' Universal embossing folder which I embossed with a frame so that it left the middle part blank. Some fine blue and silver ribbon and the Spellbinder Fancy tag 2 die for the printed sentiment.  I have lots of ideas to use this bauble die and the bell one that came with it, so I will work on those and show you when I have something finished!  

1 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

So beautiful and elegant I love the golden leaf flower
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Post a Comment