Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 4 February 2020

Valentine's Love with eclipse technique

This card I am using the Eclipse technique. I haven't done this before, but see lots of examples on pinterest and you tube.  Jennifer McGuire has just done a video on it, so check that out on her channel.

I am also using a new product to me, the vibrant spray Die cut tape, this is gorgeous, and can make so many varied and beautiful cards with it, so thought I would use it to make this card.  


I couldn't decide to start with if I wanted to have the die strip towards the top or down the bottom, so that the letters were white with just a bit of the floral design, but ended up going with it right through the middle. I will have a go at the other options at some stage.  

I stuck down the strip onto a card panel the same size as my card base, and then cut out the word 'LOVE' with some large alphabet dies.  

Being careful to save the die cuts and the centre of the 'O'.  I then cut out another set with some black craft foam.  You could alternatively cut out 4 or 5 sets out of black or a darker colour (need a contrast) and then glue them stacked on top of each other.  

I glued the die cut letters onto the craft foam ones. I then stuck the card panel down onto the card base making sure I put some strips of tape runner across the section where the letters will be, so that I could stick down my craft foam and die cut letter into the negative spaces of the letters.  



I made a secondary sentiment and stuck that down under the letters with some foam tape.  



It was a really easy card to make and looks gorgeous with the water coloured flower strip!
I think the trick to this technique is to make sure you have a contrasting colour to mount behind your letters, so that it stands out.  The possibilities are endless for these cards, you can do them on a plain background and make a feature of the colours behind the letters, you can do it on a stamped image, a picture of some kind.... lots of possibilities!

I have a video of making the card.


If you would prefer to see it in full HD then hop over to my You Tube channel here.

The materials I used to make the card are:
Card base and card panel 5“ x 7”
Scrap of red card and black craft foam
Altenew Vibrant Spray Die cut tape
Stampin up Large alphabet framelet dies
Simon Says Stamp thoughtful messages stamp set
Versamark ink
Ranger white embossing powder
Heat tool
Powder embossing buddy
Misti
Sizzix big shot
Washi tape
T-square ruler
Foam tape
Gina K dotted tape runner
Nuvo deluxe adhesive




0 comments:

Post a Comment