Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 16 October 2019

Christmas Bauble Shaker Card

Goodness it has been a while since I made a shaker card, I have to remember how to do them!
I got a card panel, that I have cut out with a stitched rectangle die, and cut out 3 circles staggered down the card panel with the snowflake die from the Impression Obsession Christmas die set.


I then stuck plastic strips behind them, and then put some double sided tape all the way around the die cuts, then added a piece of craft foam, that I had cut circles of where the baubles are, to the back of the panel.  I then put double sided tape on the back of the craft foam all around the circles again to make sure it will stick and seal perfectly.  

I then filled the 'baubles' with some red glitter and sequins and then covered those with some pieces of christmas paper that had red stars on it.  This seals off the shaker portions so that the card panel can be flipped over and stuck to the card base.  


I used a larger Christmas sentiment but only wanted to use the 'Merry Christmas' part of it, so I masked off the part I didn't want to use, then inked the stamp, took off the masking and stamped the sentiment onto the top right corner of the card.  

I have used a memory box snowflake die which has a bow to cut 3 bows out of gold foil card.I used some really thin foil tape (usually used in nail art that I had) but you could use thin strips of foil card, ribbon or even thread to do this, to be the strings of each bauble, then stuck the bow down just above each bauble.



You could do this with any bauble dies you have, you would just need to cut out a circle that was slightly smaller than the outside of your die, and mount that onto your card front.

Use what you have got, be creative, you certainly don’t have to use the exact dies I have. 

I have a video of making the card.


If you would prefer to see it in full HD then hop over to my You Tube channel here.

The materials I used to make the card are:
Dark red Card base 5“ x 7”
Spare white piece of card cut with rectangle die
Impression obsession Christmas circle cutout die
Versafine Onyx black ink
Misti
Sizzix big shot
Craft foam sheet
Memory box snowflake die for bow
Cutter Bee scissors
Double sided tape
Scissors
Nuvo deluxe adhesive
Nail art foil strip rolls
red sequins and glitter

I hope you enjoyed this card and have got some ideas for your own Christmas cards.

0 comments:

Post a Comment