Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday 22 October 2020

Snow Globe Deer Scene Card

 I start off this card by doing a lot of cutting. I cut out the globe shape out from a card panel, I cut out the two snow bank pieces and the two smaller deer from the Sizzix thinlet set.

I then do some ink blending on a small piece of Strathmore bristol smooth water colour paper, and use some blues going from a medium blue to a darker blue to make it look like a night sky.  Once I'm happy with that, I will cut out the snow sky background die in the same set.  



I wanted to have the base of the snowglobe to have a woodgrain effect, so I used the Sizzix 3D texture fade called lumber, and ink up one side with the versafine onyx black ink and put it through the big shot and it gives me a woodgrain look so I can cut out the snow globe base piece.  


I decided to try using the Go press foiling machine to do the sentiment for this card.  I haven't actually used it a lot.  I had a stamp set that I got from Aliexpress and so I will use one of the sentiments from that set, and use some holigraphic gold foil to do the sentiment.  


Finally I can put the card together, I put the snow banks in behind the base of the aperture that I cut out, and then stuck the card panel onto some craft foam.  I worked out where I needed to put the ink blended backgound and stuck that down onto my card base and then stuck the card panel over it.  Finally I can stick my deer onto each snow bank and the wood grain base to the snow globe and that is the card finished. 



While I was doing all the cutting, I cut out the snowman pieces that came with the snow globe set and made up a card using that, this time I made it into a shaker card, it made a very sweet card. You could also make the deer scene one into a shaker card if you wished to also.  Such a cute card. 


 

I have a video of making the card.

 

 

If you would prefer to see it in full HD then hop over to my You Tube channel here.

 

----- SUPPLIES -----


Card base 5" x 7" or 12.7cm x 17.7cm

Card panel slightly smaller 11.8cm x 16.8cm or 4 11/16 x 6 5/8

Piece of Strathmore bristol smooth water colour paper

Extra white card for scene pieces and kraft card for woodgrain

Sizzix big shot

My favourite things Die-namics classic snow globe die

Sizzix thinlets Winter wonderland

Sizzix 3D texture fade - lumber

Altenew mini cube - persian blue

Distress inks - blueprint sketch, salty ocean and chipped sapphire

Ranger mini blending tool and sponges

Nuvo deluxe adhesive

Craft foam

pencil

Craft knife

Scissors

Couture creations GoPress foil machine

Couture creations gold foil

Foil stamp from aliexpress (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000203301353.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.1a844f09HyHMH2&algo_pvid=85bf1460-cddc-4a2f-8d51-9183e02e4cd7&algo_expid=85bf1460-cddc-4a2f-8d51-9183e02e4cd7-0&btsid=0bb0623616017635954468706ed16f&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_) not same but similar



 




0 comments:

Post a Comment