Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 13 November 2018

Poinsettia Corner die Card - 2 cards

This time I am making two cards with 2 die cuts but mixing up the positive and negative parts to make them look different.





I start by getting two card bases and cutting out 2 card panels with a stitched square die, one white and one black.

I then cut out two of the die cuts, one in gold foil card and one in silver foil card. Saving all the poinsettia petals as well.

Next I stamp a sentiment on each card panel towards the top right hand corner, using silver embossing powder for the black one and gold embossing powder for the white one.  

I then glue the die cut outlines down onto the card panels, the silver one on the black panel and the gold onto the white panel.   





I now can start to glue all the poinsettia petals into the negative spaces on each panel, but putting the gold into the silver outline and the silver into the gold outline.  



Once this is done, all I need to do is mount some craft foam onto the back of each of the panels and then they can be stuck down onto the card bases.  

And that's the card finished.

Here is the video on making the card, if you would prefer to watch it in full HD then hop over to my You Tube channel here



The materials I used to make this card are:
White card base 5 11/16" by 5 11/16" or 14.7 cm x 14.7cm
A white panel 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" or 13.2 cm x 13.2 cm
Memory Box Plush Poinsettia corner
Kaisercraft Yuletide stzmp
Stitched square die (any brand) 
Silver and Gold mirror card
Versamark ink
Ranger gold and silver embossing powder
Heat gun
Embossing buddy
Craft foam
double-sided tape
Cosmic shimmer glue
applicator bottle
Sizzix Big Shot

I hope you are enjoying making your Christmas cards, and this might have inspired you to do something like this.











3 comments:

Tam said...

What is the stamp set you used plez. I love the cards they are very pretty.

Unknown said...

Terrific video! Please share the sentiment set!

Doris knippenenplakken said...

Beautiful Cards Helen !
Hugs Doris

Post a Comment